Write a scientific article and getting it published!
This one-day, award-winning course concentrates on the skill, and in particular on the process of scientific writing. It has helped thousands of time-pressed doctors, PhD students and academics to get papers published in the journals of their choice.
Participants come with data (or an idea) for a paper, and we then guide them through the planning, writing and submitting processes in easy stages. At the end of the course they have a clear concept of their paper, plus a draft introduction and a plan for finishing the task. This popular course was organised by Postgrade (Zeist) in 1992-2007 and is now back with PAOFarmacie with a different, licensed trainer.
€ Inclusief 21% btw, inclusief lunch en drankjes: 449 euro
Datum & locatie
|08-04-2019||09:30 - 16:30||Utrecht|
|27-06-2019||09:30 - 16:30||Utrecht|
|17-09-2019||09:30 - 16:30||Utrecht|
|03-12-2019||09:30 - 16:30||Utrecht|
|30-01-2020||09:30 - 16:30||Utrecht|
Who should – and should not - attend
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to look at how they write journal articles, and who is ready to start writing one, such as doctors, pharmacists, PhD students and academics.
What people have said about this course:
• ‘Breaking the whole into bite-sized chunks has made me feel that the end goal is very manageable.’
• ‘The most useful study day, in terms of what its effect will be on what I do, that I have ever attended.’
• ‘Excellent course. I wish I had done it years ago.’
By the end of the session, participants will:
• understand the publications game – and how to be a winner;
• make logical and informed decisions on where to send articles;
• reduce rewriting in the final stages by early planning;
• cut ‘information overload’ by using simple brainstorming techniques;
• make the most of scarce time by writing for 10 minutes a day – and complete a full first draft within one week;
• use ‘evidence based’ writing to solve disputes with others;
• apply simple marketing techniques to increase the chances of a submitted article being looked at favourably.